Monday 29 February 2016

Monday's Assignment

Welcome back! Hope everybody's feeling well this week, when we'll be considering the topic of healthcare practitioners!

Where do you go to fill your prescriptions? What's your favourite pharmacist?
Do you also buy milk, eggs, chocolate, hairspray, and greeting cards there?














Here are your tasks:
  1. Vocabulary: At the Pharmacy
    1. Write down some new words.
    2. Use them in sentences, and have a partner check them with you.
  2. Role play: Consulting a Pharmacist 
    1. Practise aloud by yourself.
    2. Practise aloud with a partner.
    3. Record on audioboom.com.
  3. Write a brief report on Friday's field trip.
    1. Interview and quote at least one of your classmates who went.
    2. Include a picture of the field trip.

1. Vocabulary

to fill a prescription: I went to Shoppers to fill a prescription for my headache.
pharmacist: The pharmacist told me that this medicine cannot be taken when you are pregnant.
dosage:  The dosage of this drug is 2 capsules 3 times a day, with meal.
overdose: If you take an overdose of a drug, it will cause serious side effects.

2. Role play    

voice from Lucy Zhao & Helen Gao  

3. Version 1:

Field trip of IEP Conference

    Last Friday, our class went to 13th IEP Conference downtown. I went there by subway. I took route 4 first, then changed to route 1. I got off at the Union Station. There were many exits, and I felt confoused with them. When I reached at Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC), I found that it was the South Building of MTCC. But the Conference was in the North Building! I followed the signs, passed a path which connected two buidings. The path was on level 4, I could see railways and CN Tower though the beautiful purple and yellow glasses of the path. 
    Finally, I arrived Conference. It was already 10:20 A.M.. After the registration, I met some classmates in the lobby. I listened the Engineering Session with Helen Huang, and went to the marketplace for job informations. I learned that it was very important having the licenses and Canadian education experiences. After that, we enjoyed the light lunch and took happy pictrues together.



Version 2:

Field Trip of IEP Conference

Last Friday, our class went to the 13th IEP Conference downtown. I went there by subway. I took routeLine 4 first, and then changed to routeLine 1. I got off at the Union Station. There were many exits, and I felt confoused with them. When I reached at Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC), I found that itI was at the South Building of MTCC. But the Conference was in the North Building! I followed the signs, and passedtook athe path which connected the two buildings. The path was on Level 4, so I could see railways and CN Tower through the beautiful purple and yellow glasses of the path

Finally, I arrived at the Conference. It was already 10:20 A.M..a.m. After the registration, I met some of my classmates in the lobby. I listened to the Engineering Session with Helen Huang, and went to the Marketplace for job informations. I learned that it was very important havingto have the licenses and a Canadian education experiences. After that, we enjoyed thea light lunch and took some happy pitcrues together.   


=======================================================

CONJUNCTIONS

S1, (fanboys) S2

FANBOYS ...
For
And
Nor
But
Or
Yet
So

=======================================================

DC, IC. 
IC DC.
DC=dependent clause; IC=independent clause











3 comments:

  1. A good start! Volume is kind of low--need to be louder. Please check the following:
    - prescriptions/prescription medication
    - I have a rush/rash
    - sanks/thanks
    - something/somesing
    - hell's/health problems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling us the pronouncing mistakes. And next time we will speak loulder. :)

      Delete
  2. very good!It's fluent.Some question sentences'tone need be up.

    ReplyDelete